Thursday, 7 April 2016

Blog Entry 5-4-16 - Inside the Mind of Carlos Moreno


A Dark Pond Creations Blog Entry By
Carlos Moreno

Hello all, I'm Carlos Moreno (Carlito De'Maria), the Co-Founder of Dark Pond Creations. I'm the Co-creator and artist on The Meek series, the upcoming Strange World anthology series and artist of Freak Show: The Ballad of Cassandra, written by Patrick Scattergood.

When we started this venture I was a pin-up, concept and design artist looking to take the next step with not only with my art but also with my life. At the time I hated my job, I hated where I lived, I hated nearly every single thing, everything except my wife. The world would disappear when we were together, I would show her all these silly little doodles, tell her all these odd little stories and she love it and me for just being me. We fully support each other in everything, she saw how beaten I was at the time and encouraged me to take this step, to do what I love, to be me..... that's only a part of how amazing she is.


 After a year of BS, not rejections just plan BS, I met Patrick Scattergood. We connected instantly, still to this day it's like a geek version of fight club but without the hot guys and fighting and explosions. We started doing what were love, telling stories and after a bit Dark Pond Creation was born. Two old kids that dig the dark stuff and live across the pond from each other that live to tell stories.

Now I'm doing amazing work with amazingly talented people. Patrick and I are doing a few projects together. The Meek was a concept and story-line I brought to Pat, I had a four page sample and a story outline that was both gory and rough. Together we took this and shaped it into a series that's worth picking up....especially issue 3.... soon.... hint, hint.


Freak Show is Patrick's baby and is an incredible tale of murder with a great cast of characters and I have been working extra hard to make it fit his vision. I'm also working with the talented Jeff Strange on the upcoming Strange World anthology series, this series will focus more on the action/super hero genre of comics. This project began when Jeff Strange brought a group of characters to me to play around with which turned into us reinventing and creating some great story-lines. This series will feature a story I will be writing and drawing called Micheal, which is about a super hero tired of the super hero cliche, he's absolutely jaded but still one of the good guys. Also featured in this series is a story created by me, written by Jason Jimenez with art by Timothy St Ctr called "Within the Shadows". A story about a young lady who is more than what she seems, a lot more. The Strange World series will not only feature works by Jeff and Myself but it will also showcase other talent and creative teams such as Matthew Gilliam, creator of The Jersey Wind, an absolutely insane story about a super hero many people won't want to be saved by. There is so much more but a lady never gives it all away on the first date.

This is the beginning of an amazing ride just remember nothing great is done alone. I would like to thank everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment